The ultimate comfort food pudding
– 200g SR Flour
– 100g Shredded Suet
– 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
– 150ml Milk
– 7/8 tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or equivalent.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, suet and sugar.
3. Slowly, stir in the milk to form a soft dough.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes.
5. Roll the dough out in to a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
6. Spread the jam on to the dough.
7. Roll the dough up from one of the shorter sides.
8. Place the roll on to a sheet of greaseproof paper, seam-side down, and wrap the paper tightly around the pudding, twisting the ends to secure.
9. Repeat the process with a sheet of kitchen foil.
10. Place the pudding on to a roasting rack with water in the tin below.
11. Cook for 35-40 mins.
12. Remove from the oven and unwrap. The pudding should be lightly browned in places.
13. Cut in to think slices and serve.
One thought on “Old School Jam Roly Poly Recipe”
[…] Recipe available at https://northeasteats.home.blog/2021/02/07/old-school-jam-roly-poly-recipe/ […]