Chocolate, coconut and crushed cornflakes – delish!
– 200g Butter
– 100g Caster Sugar
– 80g Desiccated Coconut
– 80g Crushed Cornflakes
– 150g SR Flour
– 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
– 2 tbsp Cocoa
– 200g Milk Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 4 or equivalent.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
3. Add in the caster sugar, coconut, flour, golden syrup and cocoa. Mix until combined.
4. Add the cornflakes and mix until they’re completely coated.
5. Pour the mixture in to a lined tray and press down firmly.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
8. Melt the chocolate and cover the slice with it. Allow the chocolate to set before slicing. Our school always cut Australian Crunch in to triangles.
One thought on “Old School Australian Crunch Recipe”
[…] Recipe posted here https://northeasteats.home.blog/2021/02/09/old-school-australian-crunch-recipe/ […]