Guaranteed crispy skins and fluffy insides.
– 1kg Potatoes (Maris Piper or King Edwards)
– 100ml Oil
1. Pour the oil in to a roasting tray and pop it in to the oven (Gas Mark 6 or equivalent).
2. Cut each unpeeled potato in to 2 or 3 pieces.
3. Add the potato chunks in to a pan of water and put on to boil.
4. Once the potatoes are on a rolling boil, turn the heat down so the water is simmering. Leave the potatoes to cook for another 6-7 mins.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the potatoes. Pop the potatoes back in to the empty pan and add the lid. Shake the potatoes vigorously, hard enough to remove the potato skin (I love this method because it saves peeling them, thank you TikTok for the tip).
6. Carefully, take the hot oiled tray from the oven and add the potatoes in. They will sizzle as you add them. Turn the potatoes so they are evenly coated with oil.
7. Roast the potatoes for 20-25 mins then turn them over.
8. Roast them for a further 20-25 mins or until they achieve a golden brown colour.
9. Remove from the oven and place the roast potatoes on kitchen roll.
10. Season with salt and serve.
Cooking a roast dinner? For perfect Yorkshire Puddings follow my method posted here https://northeasteats.home.blog/2021/02/07/perfect-yorkshire-puddings/
One thought on “How To Cook The Best Roast Potatoes”
[…] Cooking a roast dinner? For perfect roast potatoes follow my method posted here https://northeasteats.home.blog/2021/02/12/how-to-cook-the-best-roast-potatoes/ […]